- Remove the goose from all packaging and store in a refrigerator, along with the vacuum packed giblets
- Remove the goose from the fridge, leave it to stand for 2 hours before cooking.
- Sprinkle the with salt and pepper, and place on a roasting rack inside a deep roasting pan without foil. Place goose in a pre-heated oven 180ºC/160ºFan/350ºF/Gas Mark 4. After 30 minutes prick skin alongside each breast to release some of the juices.
- Allow 35 minutes per kg for cooking.
- During cooking you may choose to drain off the excess fat, which keeps well in a refrigerator or can be frozen. It makes delicious roast potatoes